Associates Achieve Training Certification
Two Church Keyboard Center Associates have completed technical and product certification, having attended training sessions conducted by the Global Organ Grouup at the Rodgers factory in Hillsboro, Oregon.
Tony Imperatrice and Lawrence Strohm participated in a series of training sessions for Rodgers and Johannus organs, including both current and legacy models.
Tony Imperatrice is a sales associate and service technician in the Fresno area. Lawrence Strohm is a service technician in the Los Angeles area. Both Tony and Lawrence have 20-plus years of experience as pipe organ technicians and have managed hybrid pipe organ projects for Church Keyboard Center in recent years.
Versatile Organ Keyboards for Gigging Organists
Church Keyboard offers two new portable organ keyboards that open many possibilities for organists who do freelance gigs in a variety of locations that do not typically have an organ. Expand your “repertoire” of income-producing opportunities.
We’re pleased to present these new workhorses for professional organists: the Johannus One and Dexibell L3. These are essentially the same keyboard with identical features, but each with its own unique stop list.
As a traveling organist with organ keyboard, here are just some of the possibilities:
- Worship services on location–Easter sunrise and other occasional services in non-traditional locations can still have the inspiring sound of traditional organ….plus much more.
- Garden weddings–the classic outdoor wedding calls for a variety of musical styles. These keyboards enable providing the familiar wedding marches while also supporting piano repertoire and other contemporary music requests.
- Funeral chapels–with most funeral chapels lacking an organ, the Johannus One and Dexibell L3 come to the rescue when quality organ music is desired.
- Choir room–when you want to rehearse the choir with the organ….except you need to do it in the choir room.
- Touring chorale–for touring choral groups that perform in a wide variety of venues, these keyboards provide consistent and predictable performance support.
- Church conference at a hotel–patch these keyboards into the sound system for the event and you can effectively lead a ballroom full of people in singing the great hymns.
- Teaching–perfect for introducing piano students to the sound of the organ, and starting to develop keyboard technique.
- Music festivals & street performances–do your thing…Bach will sound great!
- Home enjoyment and practice–when you’re not out doing any of the above, you can just have fun at home. Plus, all your combinations that you work out and save are available when you’re “on the road.”
We usually have both of these keyboards in stock to demo* and purchase. Pricing** is:
- Johannus One – $3,199
- Dexibell L3 – $2,499
*Demos by appointment in the Monrovia showroom–please call 909-599-7899 to schedule
**Incentives available for AGO members
As noted above, the only difference between the Johannus One and Dexibell L3 is the stop list. Click here to view a comparison of the two stop lists.
What about pedals?
The most common question we get is: can a pedal board be connected? Yes–most MIDI pedal boards are compatible….if you really need to go there. The two pedal stops on these keyboards automatically play the bottom note that you’re playing. In the spirit of maximizing mobility and minimizing set-up time, think about using this feature that “plays” the pedals, but without the expense and logistics of traveling with a pedal board. After all, a pedal board that is anywhere near a full-size AGO pedal board is not mobile. Let your fingers do the work!
Johannus One Organ Keyboard
Dexibell L3 Organ Keyboard
New Hybrid Pipe Organ Brochure
Church Keyboard Center announces the publication of a new brochure that showcases Rodgers hybrid pipe organs the company has created over the past forty years. The hybrid pipe organ concept and its advantages are explained and illustrated in detail.
With more Rodgers hybrid pipe organs in California than any other organ builder, this brochure commemorates the history and success of the hybrid pipe organ.
In-depth information is provided about the various approaches to creating a hybrid organ, including working with existing pipe organs, either with a new console or adding digital stops to an existing console, and building an all-new hybrid with new pipes.
A chronological listing of Rodgers hybrids since the 1970s is included, along with many photos of our hybrid installations. Please contact Nelson Dodge to request a copy.
As one of the largest hybrid pipe organs in Southern California, the Bel Air Presbyterian Church Rodgers/Casavant organ is an impressive example of what can be accomplished.
Church Keyboard at AGO 2019 West Region Convention
Church Keyboard had a large presence at the 2019 AGO West Region convention in Irvine, CA. In addition to the display of organs and pipes in the exhibit area, we provided the Rodgers Infinity organ that was used for live entertainment during the evening receptions and the membership luncheon. The new Rodgers Inspire three-manual organ was also provided for use in workshops presented by organists Peter Bates, Fran Johnston and Skye Hart.
New Ad Revealed for AGO West Region Convention
Church Keyboard Center is collaborating with Knight Organ Company and Robert Tall and Associates on a hybrid pipe organ initiative that will be rolled out at the AGO West Region Convention. The group’s ad seen below will appear in the inside back cover of the program book.